Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeat Group Header problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperdec

Programmer
Nov 5, 2002
HK
I'm using this article

as workaround to orphaned group footer. Repeat Group Header option only repeats the group header until the last record, it will not repeat in the page with only the footer displayed. It works fine until I added to display the Page Footer. What I did was put the TurnOffFlag (fron article) to the group footer and none to the Page Footer. It worked fine then in Crystal Reports designer but when I distribute it to web application, it gets a different result. Im supposed to get 3 pages -- 1st & 2nd page display the Group Header and the 3rd page displays the Fake Group Header (page header b). BUT... viewing the report from web application displays 4 pages with the 3rd page displaying both Group Header & the Fake Group Header. I could not get same results.

Here are some info:
using Cold Fusion
use "promptex" URL reporting to call report
report is directly exported to PDF(acrobat reader) so what users get is the PDF file
Acrobat Reader version 6.0

Here are some hints:
I created the report in Windows XP Professional, Crystal Reports 9 environment. When I copied the report to Windows 2000 Server and open it in CR 9, in CR 9 itself of Win2000 Server, both group header & fake group header is displayed in page 3. I then added a printer HP Laserjet 4050 Series PS, this is the printer I use when creating the report in Win XP. Then booom! only the fake header is displayed.

BUT... when I view in web application again, still the problem comes out. Adding the printer driver did not solve it.

Any idea what's going on with Win2000 server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back