Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeat details section

Status
Not open for further replies.

okon3

Technical User
Jan 4, 2009
US
I have a report that I would like to repeat print all the details section multiple times.
I've seen a few posts about creating a 'counting' table in the DB. This is a great option, however I'm afraid I cannot create a table in the DB to assist with this.
I've been trying to put a while loop in a header or first detail section and have it count up in the last detail or footer section, but it simply count up thru loop in the one location I put it in or only return print the record once.

I've also tried adding the counter to the record selection statement but I still only get one record.

Hopefully I'm not doing something right and you guys can shed some light on this for me :) or point me someplace on how to create a temporary table to count against.

I'm using Crystal version 10 pulling the information from an Oracle DB.
THanks for reading this and any thoughts you may have.
Tom

YOu can split the details line into as many subsections as you want and the control suppresion/display in the section expert. Will that achieve what you want?

Ian

I'm afraid not. It's kind of like a form letter.
The report is actually a template for a medication prescription.It already has 5 sections. One for the location, one for demographic info, one for the medicine (currently blank),one for the qty and refills, and another to display the physician info

It parses the DB for people scheduled for a specific item over the next 2-3 days then prints out one blank prescription.

I'd like to have it print out 5 times, the first three with pre-populated medication, then print two blank ones (medication area is blank.

I also believe the printer driver hurts this idea, we are using a prescription printer that is similar to a reciept printer. When I do try to add another details section then I get a message that the report will not fit in the printable area. I've also tried the new page after or new page before but I don't belive they are processed correctly by the raster driver these printer useas I still get the printable area message.

I believe I can handle getting the different medications to print, but I can't figure out how I to get it to loop or process each record five times??

Thanks for the idea though.

Yu can not create data in a report, that is why you have to create the additional table to cause your record set to be artificially increased.

YOu could also use 5 subreports in detail section, but that might be a bit slow if you have to print off for lots of patients in one go.

Ian

I'll try that and see if I can get that to work.
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back