Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeat DCOM Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfinnemore

Technical User
Dec 13, 2000
GB

I have the following error message being repeatedly display in the system event log. I have a small business server with Exchange & ISA. Can anyone shed any light to what this means? The server seem to functioning OK.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10004
Date: 27/08/2003
Time: 15:37:28
User: N/A
Computer: HFNT1
Description:
DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon hfdom\administrator in order to run the server:
{BA62930B-4230-4711-A022-915E0717C18C}

thanks

Hi Paul,
I have a server that is giving the same DCOM error ever since I installed SP4. I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I'm getting Event ID 10004 at a rate of 2-3 per minute (sometimes more). I've tried disabling DCOM on the server (running dcomcnfg) to no avail. I've shut off all unnecessary services and that didn't work either. I'm running Altiris services on my server. I was wondering if you were also. If you do happen to find a solution, I'd be grateful if you'd pass it on. I'll do the same.
Thanks,
- B. Dupuis

Did you guys find a solution for this?

I have IIS running on Win2k. An ASP page tries to open Excel to create an xls file.

It works on our development server but our testserver gives this error:

Automation error
The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

In the eventlog I get this error:

DCOM - 10004

DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon TEST-S001\Administrator in order to run the server:
{00020812-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Any comments?
Tnx
Roel

I found the answer yesterday on technet and it was to do with dcom not installing correctly. If dcom leaves a temp file behind then it has not been installed properly and you have to delete it and run add windows components again with the same boxes checked as you had before. I can't unfortunately find the article again so can't remember what the temp file was called but that was what the problem was.
David

Anyone out there found the soluton to this problem?

I have 3 Win 2000 Oracle clusters suffering from that problem and need to fix it ASAP.

That didn't solved my problem but found a solution after several days searching microsoft.com.

Seems that DCOM needs all the service accounts to have the "Logon as a batch job" priviledge in order to work properly. We were seeing this problem on 3 W2K/Oracle clusters only, the other servers weren't having it.

In my case after granting this priv to all our service accounts the problem went away.

"Life is not like a box of chocolates ...
it's more like a jar of jalapenos.
Whatever you do today,
may burn your ass tomorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back