Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repairing Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhopper7

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I have 2 problems related to my network at home:

#1). There are 3 computers in my network. Win200 Server with Win2000 Professional and a laptop. My problem is the workstation can access the laptop and the server, but no one can access the workstation. When trying to access the workstation in Network Neighobrhood the followng error message comes up:

"\\Indy (computer name) is not accessible. ...login failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

#2) There is a domain of which the laptop and server are members. The workstation however, will not let me go from workgroup to domain and gives me the following error message:

"Your computer could not be joined to the domain because the following error has occured: The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials".

How can I fix this?

Note, every drive on the workstation has been shared.

Thanks in advance for you help.

jdhopper7

Were any of these computers renamed at one time or another? Are you using duplicate names?

Ref: the questions I submitted earlier, regarding my LAN at home.

I am a novice with regards to Win2000 issues. I also neglected to mention that the Win2000 was installed on the workstation Nov. 2002 and the server OS was installed Feb. 2003.

jdhopper7

I would check and delete the computer account from Active Directory on the server, then try to re-add the workstation to the domain.

You are more than likely getting that "conflicting credentials error" because the server already has a computer account for your machine.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back