Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repairing an old NICE high density logger 8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicepeppino

Programmer
Mar 11, 2014
GB
Hi everyone,

I have been provided with an old voice recorder with the operating system corrupted but with the data still in there. My boss needs this system repaired to be able to read the data inside and to enable to perform again tape calls listening. The system provided is an old NICELog (High Density logger).

This is a list of thing I have been provided:

1. NICE HIGH DENSITY LOGGER
2. Floppy Disk: Logger Configuration package Version 8.9
3. CD: Nice CEM User’s Documentation
4. CD: Symantec pcAnywhere Host & Remote Backup Copy
5. CD: NiceLog® High Density Logger Version 9
6. CD: Windows 2000 Professional
7. CD: Nice Reliability Package
8. CD: NICE Applications
9. CD: NICE SNMP Manager
10. CD: NICELog® VOIP Logger

However, I should say that I think that some of these CDs may belong to another logger and some CDs may be needed

Despite having attempted different software installation, I am struggling make the system working. It would be great if you could tell me the basic installation workflow to make the server running properly.

The documentation I have, although gives me a general understanding of how to install the NICE applications, does not give me an overview of what to do PRIOR to the installation of the NICE applications.

I have installed MS SQL Server 2000 and I created a database called nice_cls. Afterwards, I installed the nice applications but when I tried to connect them to the created server many errors appears stating a missing a user log

Do I need a SQL Server?
I retrieved the data from the corrupted disk and I managed to find the installation file with a directory called NTLoggger. Inside this directory I found some dat files and database tables. How can I restore the original data?
At the moment the OS installed is windows 2000 professional

Thank you

Mr nicepeppino

when you say OS is corrupted, it will be more often than never related to Hard Disk failure
so, considering the age, the speed of response, and the tape method, is probably you waste a lot of time trying to recover it.

In my humble opinion (its what i have done with NCF, a little newer machines) as first step its important to take a sector by sector backup of the information still on the logger.

After that you can tweak with the system.

the SQL server is necessary to link the audio in the logger with a call event record.

this is not the last word, but just an advice.

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

Thank you,

I followed your advice and reinstalled its original NICE SQL Server

Regards

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back