Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repair an Access database via ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjardon

Programmer
Sep 3, 1999
ES
I have an application that use access via ODBC (not jet). It's possible to program automatic repair and compact database.<br><br>thanks.

I haven't found anything like this for Access.&nbsp;&nbsp;When you think about it, this function is one that does not fall into the scope of ODBC.&nbsp;&nbsp;The function of ODBC is to simply provide generic access to the data in a database through SQL.&nbsp;&nbsp;Tools used to support that database fall outside of that scope.&nbsp;&nbsp;In the past (in order to avoid including DAO in my project) I have created an Access object and used that to compress and repair a database.<br><br>rekclaw

the Access program has a utility on it for repairing it<br>C. Hoole<br>

Visual Studio comes with an Object that does that, aleast one of the two.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's called the Microsoft Jet and Replication Object.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just implemented the compact function into my program.&nbsp;&nbsp;Works great! One thing though, It's doesn't work through ODBC. You have to have the direct path to the MDB file. Oh, and it only does a compact. but I have a theory that the Access compact does both.<br><br> <p>Clayton T. Paige<br><a href=mailto:cpaige@home.com>cpaige@home.com</a><br><a href= Snail</a><br>Clayton T. Paige<br>
Programmer Extraordinaire <br>
========================================================<br>
"Who General Failure? and Why is he reading my disk drive?

You could try using the database object and the CompactDatabase function<br><br><br>Nikhil<br><A HREF="mailto:nikhilmehrotra@mailmetoday.com">nikhilmehrotra@mailmetoday.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back