Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repaint window on Win 2000 vs. Win 98 with MSVC 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachGems

Programmer
Apr 11, 2003
US
I am using MSVC++ 6.0 on Windows 2000 in a non-MFC environment. When I create the main window the client area is transparent. Also if the window is moved off the screen and back on it is not redrawn properly (blurry). The same code works on Windows 98. I can force the client area to be white by adding the following code, but the blurry problem remains. Does anyone know why WIN 2000 is different?

case WM_ERASEBKGND:
hdc = BeginPaint(hwnd,&ps);
FillRect(ps.hdc,&ps.rcPaint, hbrWhite);
EndPaint(hwnd, &ps);

How can GDI painting be "blurry"? Blurry refers to diffusion, bicubic filtering and stuff like that.

Please describe the specific visual problem you are having. Upload a screenshot to an FTP site if necessary.

OK "blurry" is not the correct word. Be that as it may, I was able to fix my problem by creating a new WIN32 project and following the template that it created for me. The code I started with originally was inherited from someone else. I didn't investigate what its problem was, once I found a fix. Thanks for your reply nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back