Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repacing an Avaya CS1000E Primary Security Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapid Kayak

Vendor
Dec 15, 2016
US
Do all the devices, including the alternate security server, need to reregister after a primary security server is replaced. I believe once the primary is replaced a new certificate is created and must be cycled through all components (MGCs, CPPM, COTS, ... etc.) So, I'm thinking I will need to use the reg ucmsec sys command in LD 117. I was hoping that since the alternate security server is running there would be a way for the new primary to resync the security certificate from the alternate. My guess .. probably not.

You better plan on reinstalling both the Primary and Secondary or you will have nothing but problems and chances are it will never work properly. The fingerprint generated during install is a one time deal.

You might be able to promote the secondary to primary but I have had mixed results with trying that.

As said above

"You better plan on reinstalling both the Primary and Secondary or you will have nothing but problems and chances are it will never work properly. The fingerprint generated during install is a one time deal"

Couldn't have put it better myself

Good Luck

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Just as I thought. I will plan to reload my alternate and cycle the certificate to all components if I have to replace the primary. I like Scott's idea; just hit it. Maybe that would push the certificate onto the floor where I could kick it :> Excellent help. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back