Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reorder dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsantos

Instructor
Nov 12, 2002
US
I publish a CAR report with rearranged dimension members to CE as administrator (Enterprise Authentication) and save the view. Whenever someone logins using Windows NT authentication, the order of the dimension members seem to go back to the original positions in the hierarchy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

vic.santos@oakton.com.au

I don't think that the authentication method should affect things. As I recall (and I don't use Crystal at the moment so I'm working from memory) the authentication is used only to establish whether the user can see the view rather than what they see.
So are you sure that the second user is actually seeing the saved view and not the original CAR file?

Oliver

The authentication will affect the members that you can see; certinaly if you've set up roles on your MSAS server.
If a member isn't found, then reloading the sets of members to display can get a little interesting

Ah possibly true, but I didn't think that the NT logon token was passed all the way down to MSAS. I had a suspicion that the WCS credentials were used for the MSAS roles.

Now given the problem as originally described is that the dimension order has reverted to what is the original CAR file rather than the view. The only way I can see that the set generation is causing it is if it fails to create the set in the view then it reverts to the base CAR file. This is possible but I don't see why the original set is visible if the reordered one is not.

Another thing to check is that the administrator (using Enterprise authentication) sees the reordered set when they reopen the view. Also try changing something else, like a slice member, then see whether the view is actually totally the base CAR file or whether it is mixing and matching from the saved view and the base CAR file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back