Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rendering the SliderExtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBCDS

Technical User
Apr 6, 2001
CA
I have a ajaxControlToolkit Slider extender i am using and i would like to be able to render the sliders handle through javascript when i set it's value.

My slider has two input controls that are decoupled from the slider
- price: price is calculated based on a formula using the percent
- percent: percent is the same value as the slider
note: the percent field is not bound to the slider because i need to allow users to enter values outside of the sliders min and max range.

currently i am setting the values of all the controls through javascript but have not found a way to have the slider handle render with the new value until i postpack which i want to avoid doing.

does anyone know how to render the slider control with a new value through javascript?

I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated.

thanks, dan

since is OSS I would start by reviewing the code base for the slider control. somwhere the server registers a script to the client and there is client js somewhere which creates the slider.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back