Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming W2k account. Outlook issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
A new employee is starting. Her supervisor requested that the existing account of the employee she replaced be renamed, so that the new employee will have access to all of the old employees resources.

I renamed the account in Active Directory. Changed the display name, the logon name. In Exchange i added a new SMTP address and delete the old one, and changed the exchange Alias.

Almost everything works. The new employee can access all resources, and can receive mail. Her name shows up in the GAL.

But when you receive mail from the new employee, the sender is listed as the old employee. I enabled the "From Field" and typed in the new employees name, but still got the old employees name.

I can't find anywhere els to change the old name to to the new name. We are running a w2k network with exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back