Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming Frames not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuRtana82

Programmer
May 22, 2001
AU
I rename a frame in the frameset from "manu" to "menu" and on an asp page it changes the target back to "manu" once i reopen it. It also opens the page in a new window instead of refreshing the "menu" frame
Any ideas?

Hi

The link which is pointing to "manu" is it being created by you using ASP, or is it a static link in your page?

The reason you are opening a new window is that the target "manu" is not found, so it opens a new window for it. The two things are really part of the same thing.

Post the code - especially for the frameset. Derren
[The only person in the world to like Word]

<frameset rows=&quot;81,1,17,1,*&quot; frameborder=&quot;NO&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; framespacing=&quot;0&quot;>
<frame src=&quot;docs/home/title.htm&quot; name=&quot;header&quot; frameborder=&quot;NO&quot; noresize scrolling=&quot;NO&quot; marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot;>
<frame src=&quot;docs/pages/line_solid.htm&quot; name=&quot;manu&quot; frameborder=&quot;NO&quot; scrolling=&quot;no&quot; noresize marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot;>
<frame name=&quot;manu&quot; frameborder=&quot;NO&quot; noresize scrolling=&quot;NO&quot; marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot; src=&quot;docs/home/navbar.asp&quot;>

This is the frameset code notice &quot;manu&quot;

function navbar()
{
var win;
win = window.open(&quot;../home/navbar.asp&quot;, &quot;manu&quot;);
win.creator = self;
return (win);
}
This is the ASP code and leaving the target as manu it opens in a new window yet if i change the target to header it opens in the ehader frame

It's getting late here, but on first inspection I noticed that you have two frames called &quot;manu&quot;. Maybe this is confusing the hell out of the poor old script. Try renaming on eof the frames ... Derren
[The only person in the world to like Word]

Porblem solved, the javascript in navbar.asp was not allowing the frame to be refreshed :) thanks for your help anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back