Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming files on local drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryf

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
US
We have a published Foxpro app that has a function to upload a file into the system. The file will always have the same name, so it has been overwritten each time they copy a new file onto their local drive.

I have a requirement now to rename the file on the local drive using today's date, so the old files can be saved as a backup.

The problem I'm having is that the files might need to be shared with a mainframe app that requires uppercased file names.

I'm having trouble getting the rename to work and uppercase at the same time. It works with a local copy of the program, but lower cases the file name if the process is run across citrix.

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

pf

Are you using Explorer or are you scripting this ?

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I'm scripting this use an API call to "createprocess". I'm creating a batch file on the fly that renames the file using UNC. It works perfect in a local setting.

But the rename happens on the local drive across Citrix. But the new name is in all lowercase.

PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back