Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming fields in graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlhart76

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
US
I have a graph, pulling data from Access. The fields used are named fldAreaI, fldAreaII, fldAreaIII, etc. When I create a graph, the labels show up as fldAreaI, etc. Is there a way to create a formula that renames them to "Area I Total", "Area II Total", etc.?

Additionally, I have another graph that is based on formulas. When the labels are included, they show up as "@AreaI", "@AreaII", etc. Is there a way to rename these so they're more descriptive, rather than using actual field names?

For the fields coming from Access, you can always create a query and rename the fields within that, and use the query as the source for the report.

I think that in CR 8 you can right click the labels in Preview mode and then select edit label or some such.

-k

Dear jilhar76,

You can not edit the names of the labels in CR 8, in CR 9 and higher you can right click and choose Edit Label.

One option that I would use would be to fool it - Display the legend but change the legend text to white (won't show then) and create text fields as appropriate "layed on top of the chart".

Unless you do your calculations in Access, rather than crystal then renaming the fields in Access will not help as the labels are reflecting the formula names (@ symbol included).

Regards,

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary-at-microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

You will get answers more quickly if you read this before posting: faq149-3762

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back