Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

renaming autocreation printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMaples

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2003
US
Hello,

I am having an issue. I have autocreation printers turned on, and they are working in that aspect. Once I rename that printer and log off, it give me two printers on next login. One the printer that I renamed, and one the Client\%clientname%#\Printername. Is this how auto created printers are supposed to function? Where is the printer info held? (Profile of the data store?)

Thanks!!!!
Kenny

Auto-created printers are destroyed when you logoff. If you require custom naming conventions for your auto-created printers check out products like triCerat's Screwdrivers:

Terminal Server Add-on Products

Terminal Server Printing:

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

If you need to manipulate an autocreated printer, you need to remove the comment field of the printer (the autocreated bla bla text)
Then you can do with the printer what you like, and it will still use it's autocreation features.

Most easy part for this, is to publish the printfolder for users, so they can do it themselves.
(hav a look in the tip section of my website)

Free citrixprinting support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back