Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rename pc organization name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscerino

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
RU
Hi all,

I need to rename the organization name on my pc, the name that I assigned when I've installed W2k..

Does anyone can help me??

Thanks a lot..
Mosce

If it is not a domain controller, R-click my comp>Properties>Network Identification, Toy can re-name your computed there. If it is a domain controller there is a tool in the IT downloads (domain rename tool). If you are going to try this tool let me know how it goes (haven't tried it yet).

What do you mean with "IT downloads"?
I've already tried with the domain rename toll and i've had problems with the version of windows (it need .net server beta 3)

Thank you for fast answer!!

If it is not a domain controller, R-click my comp>Properties>Network Identification, Toy can re-name your computed there. If it is a domain controller there is a tool in the IT downloads (domain rename tool). If you are going to try this tool let me know how it goes (haven't tried it yet).

I try to setup my windows 2000 server! and also how I publish a web site through this server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back