Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rename Folders in LiveLink 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riazpk

Programmer
May 18, 2009
AE
Dear Team,

We have around 600 folders in LiveLink (we do have the dataid's for those folders) that we want to rename; what are the supported and possible ways for doing so?

Regards,

Riaz

Any supported API in this list where you are comfortable in
LAPI, CWS(SOAP API),OSCRIPT
Utilities-Object Importer
Costly Tools-Web Reports

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi appnair,

Thanks for your feedback. Do you have any sample code for LAPI/CWS for doing that?

Regards,

Some time back I made the decision to not write anymore LAPI code just because its library files and making it work in 64 bit is pretty tiring.I have explained what it takes to run LAPI in my blog.LAPI server side has been removed in CS16 versions.

I will show you how this is done in CWS(SOAP) shortly.You don't even need to write C# code if you download the SOAPUI trial version.Whether you write code in Java or .NET the livelink server is getting a SOAP message so if you can make that happen it will work.This is how you do this from SAP,you write webservices code in ABAP after understanding how to formulate the SOAP message.Usually SAP developers will either run through C# or Java code to understand the envelope and then write the SAP equivalent.

Here is the Code I wrote

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi appnair,

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back