Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rename Dynamic Filename

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurich98

Programmer
Apr 8, 2006
US
we have a process that drop off file daily to a specific folder on the network. The filename change each day. For example, today file is c:\Test\Employee07132009.xls. Tomorrow file will be c:\Test\Employee07142009.xls. How can I change the file name to c:\Test\Employee.xls. I'm using the ActiveX Script Task in SSIS 2005 with the following code but it does not work

Function Main()

Dim fso_obj,NFN

Set fso_obj = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

set NFN = "Employee"

fso_obj.MoveFile "C:\Test\*.xls", "C:\Test\" & NFN & ".xls"

Set objFSO = Nothing

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End Function

your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Set objFSO = Nothing should be

Set fso_obj = Nothing

Thanks

What about this ?
Code:
Dim strToday '07132009
strToday = Right("0" & Month(Now),2) & Right("0" & Day(Now),2) & Year(Now)
fso_obj.MoveFile "C:\Test\" & NFN & strToday & ".xls", "C:\Test\" & NFN & ".xls"

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thank you for your input. Sorry, may be the original post is not clear on what I need. What I need to accomplish is as follow:

Some process drops a file daily at c:\Test location. The process labels the file in the following naming convention:

Employee07132009.xls --today file

for tomorrow, the process will label the file as

Employee07142009.xls

what I need is to rename the file from whatever the process named it to Employee.xls. This way, my next task will import this file into a SQL table. I need to have a static filename in order to automate the task that imports the data from the Exel file created by this process into a SQL table. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back