Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rename combo box field value

Status
Not open for further replies.

nq

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2002
AU
This is a convoluted question. Please be patient for those who are willing to accept the challenge.

I have two databases.
The first is the primary db.
The second db is required to be seperate for security reasons but accesses some tables in the primary db via linking.
In the first db, there is a table with a boolean field.
This field is set by a check box on a form in the primary db.
Many queries and forms depend on the status of the boolean field to display data or not.

In the second db, there is a form with a subform.
In the subform there is a combo box that is generated from a query.
The query is derived from the table in the first db that contains the boolean field.
When the user selects the list in the como box, the query displays the selected records.
One of the fields in each record displayed is the boolean field.
The name of the field is "Withdrawn"
The value displayed in the combo list will be either 0 or -1
I could train the users to know the difference, however it would be nice to display 0 and -1 as either yes or no.

I would appreciate any direction in solving the problem - if there is one.

What is the SQL code of the combo's RowSource ?
A starting point:
SELECT ..., IIf([Withdrawn],'Yes','No') ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

It is often possible to set a format on the property sheet for a boolean field on a form.

Thanks guys.
Problem solved. I set the format on the properties of "Witdrawn" in the select query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back