Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing xln file

Status
Not open for further replies.

afahmy2016

Technical User
Mar 15, 2016
NL
Hello,

I am using provision tool to send configurations from one system to another, and i encountered many errors in sending which resulted in a not-completed system configurations.
I want to remove the XLN files currently existing on the system and re-send the data using provision tool instead of re-installing the system.
How can i remove the xln files and keep system in clean state? also should i have a root access to perform this action?

Thanks

A business partner login can get the xln file from /opt/ecs/defty (if i recall correctly). But it's read only - you'd absolutely have to be root to take the completed xln and write it back to that directory.

If you're having that many problems, why not just lab out the system you're designing, use provision on that CM and do a proper backup/restore to the one in the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back