Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Translations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

datafrog

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
AU
Hi
Does anybody know if there is a way to remove all of the system translations quickly?

Our office has just been sent an si from another office within our company that has about 6 years worth of system settings that we don't need and I'd like to remove all of the existing translations so that we have a nice clean G3si.

I don't want to reset the si settings with a blank flash card as I'm of the understanding that licences are stored on the flash cards, thus there being little point as we'll lose all our licences.

I'm currently having to remove all the old translations manually - as you could probably guess, this is taking forever sorting through hundereds of vdn's, stations, trunk groups, vectors, bridged apperences, etc...

Is there any way around this?

If it is available to you, use Definity/Avaya Site Administration, do a find/replace on your entire station range and select Remove. That should clear out the existing station translations.

Dave Wolgast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back