Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegabe1974

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
US
I have an Avaya G3R we are slowly converting to Cisco VoIP.
Anyone out there have some info on removing translations on the Avaya? Our Vendor is wants to kill us in charges to remove the translations. Any help would be great.

i thought this was how it's done to boot up to a clean G3r:
1. shut down the G3r.
2. back out the had drives and MO drives.
3. power up the G3r.
4. it will load nothing but the software because there is nothing in memory boards.
5. insert the hard drives and MO drives after the switch has completely come up.
6. log in and do a list station, list trunk, list hunt to see 'no data blah blah blah'.
7. now do a save translations to back up the memory to the hard drives.
8. when that is successful, do a back disc both full. that backs up the hard drive data to the MO drive discs.

now if you're really concerned about the data that is on the hard drives and MO discs, you don't even have to do steps 5 - 8. just take the hard drives (remove them from the board) and the MO discs (not the drive, just the actual disc you eject) and smash them to bits.

What is the g3r software version?

powering up a g3r with no hard drive and no mo disk will not load anything and will not allow you to login.

What do you really want to accomplish here?

Smashing hardware to bits when it could be valuable to you or some other user is not a good idea.

I believe there are many options for you.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back