Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing the automated voicemail greeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleShirt

Systems Engineer
Nov 17, 2017
CH
Hi

we would like to remove the automated greeting, the one where it says "Record your message after the tone. When you finish, you can hang up, or press 1 for more options" when a call is transferred to a voicemail. We have recorded our own greeting and saved it as an announcement that is played before the call is transferred to the voicemail.

Is there a possibility to remove the second automated greeting, so that only our announcement and the "beep" are played? I have also thought about replacing the audio files of the automated message with empty audio files, but don't know which ones are used.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

Thank you.

Hi all

I have a little update.

I had to replace the files /msg/media1/mango/languages/en-US-00000000/prompts/CUI_STANDARD_TOP.wav and /msg/media1/mango/languages/en-US-00000000/prompts/CUI_NOT_AVAIL.wav with an empty audio file to achieve the first part of my quest. E.g.:

Code:
cp /msg/media1/mango/languages/en-US-00000000/prompts/Word.Silence500.wav /msg/media1/mango/languages/en-US-00000000/prompts/CUI_STANDARD_TOP.wav

With these changes the greetings are replaced by empty sounds, but you need the root account on the messaging server to do this, otherwise you can't replace the files. My VAR had to open a ticket with Avaya, as it wasn't active, and we didn't have the password..

Now to the second part of my Problem. The automated greeting still says the name of the voicemail or if one was recorded, then the recording. Problem is, Avaya won't let you record emptiness, it says something like "sorry, I didn't understand you, please try again". So now I would like to replace the recording with the empty audio file, but can't seem to find where this is stored.

So I wanted to ask if anyone knows where the audio files of the recorded names are stored?

Thank you.

Hi all

I have found out how to achieve my goal. It may be useful to someone else, so below you can find out what I did. Fyi I am on Avaya Aura Messaging 7.1, other versions may behave differently.

This file contains all the transcriptions of the audio files. Your system may behave differently, but in this file you can search for the exact message that you're hearing.
Code:
/msg/media1/mango/languages/en-US-00000000/prompts/prompts.properties

I was hearing a message that was constructed like this: <ASCII or recorded name> <CUI_NOT_AVAIL.wav> <CUI_STANDARD_TOP.wav>

To find out where the recorded name is stored, you have to search for ADOMO-NM. I used this command:

Code:
find / -name *ADOMO-NM*

If you have multiple recorded names, then you might receive many entries. To check if it's the recorded name that you want to replace, you have to download all the .ADOMO.NM files and listen to them.

Once you have gathered all the used files for the message that you're hearing, you can use the file /msg/media1/mango/languages/en-US-00000000/prompts/Word.Silence100.wav as an empty audio file, with which you can replace all the other files.

I don't know if this withstands a reboot or if it's the correct way to do, but it does, what I wanted it to do. So I hope this helps someone.

Cheers
PurpleShirt

I -hate- changing things underneath, but thank you so much for sharing your solution. This makes tektips and the internet better.

There is a high chance these will not survive an upgrade or a patch (depending on what is in them). Also, there is a chance that changing the TUI for a user might help with your original issue.

Thank you for your kind message. Yeah there's probably a better solution, but I don't seem to find much documentation about how things work underneath and our VAR wasn't helpful at all.

I've tried with the 3 TUIs (AUDIX, Aria, and CallPilot) that we have, but I couldn't get it to work like I wanted. I also tried the Avaya AxC CallerApps, but to no avail.

Not likely to be an issue on an upgrade sine AAM isn't going beyond v7.1

Thanks for the solution. I have done similar things with Conferencing to customize it for a customer. Yeah your BP isn't going to be much help on something like that since they sorta kinda gotta stick to how Avaya wants it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back