Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing suffix from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeddieed

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2002
US
This is the deal: Server name is "WTH-DC02" Domain name is "LPS" Server (WTH-DC02) is a DC. It is also my print server with several printer queues.

Server name "WTH-DC01" was my first DC in the domain.
ANYWAYS..I rebuilt wth-dc02 because of hard drive failure.
After rebuilding, I gave same name, IP, restored all printer queues, etc. Everything works well except, when i go to a client PC and try to print, it say access denied, unable to connect on the printer status. To resolved the matter, I reinstalled the printer, but noticed that it says
\\sharename\wth-dc02.lps.int when it use to be \\sharename\wth-dc02. I have tons of client pc pointing to the WTH-DC02. How can I rename WTH-DC02.lps.int to WTH-DC02? Is there a quick way to remove the lps.int?

Thanks a bunch

Sorry do you mean the clients are point to
\\wth-dc02.lps.int\sharename instead of
\\wth-dc02\sharename?

Is this causing you problems printing?

That is correct. The problem is causing is that I then have to touch every client and redirect to different servername.

I never put the lps.int. I think it grabbed it when I joined the "lps" domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back