Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing SRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

patloner

Instructor
Jan 2, 2003
US
We are trying the different upgrade scenarios from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in a lab and I had a question. I installed the Exchange 2003 box into the same organization as the two 5.5 servers (separate sites) but accidentally chose to install in the same site as one of those servers. We would like to install in a separate site from the others completely because that is how they want the real life version to go.

When I attempt to remove Exchange 2003 from this Windows 2003 Server I am told that it hosts the SRS and I need to move that to another server. Okay, here's my dumb dumb question. Exactly how do I do that? I cannot seem to find any documentation on how to remove an SRS except for that which is talking about removing it from Exchange 5.5 servers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back