Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing scalars within a perl written database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kfs

Programmer
Aug 18, 2000
US
I recently wrote a complete classifieds script for a web sit ehtat i have been working on. I placed a counter on the form so that when the ad is submitted it is branded wiht its own id # which the script uses later on to bring up the ad individually and show the end-user. The database file itself is a .pag file written by perl itsef using dmbopen(%main, 'main',0666) with "main" as the name of the database file. The problem that i am having is deleteing an ad within that database without removing the other ad's. I would think that removing it by the "id#" would do it jsut fine but i cnat seem to figure it out. I have only been proggin wiht perl for about 3 months now and have advanced quite rapidly in the perl world, but i am completely stumped as far as this simple script goes...any and all help is greatly appreciated! email me at Lord_kfs@hotmail.com or post the response here.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back