Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing "+" from local ID in sip invite 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickss

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
US
We are trying to carry voice traffic back to a media gateway located at are ISP (a non-nortel piece) The major holdup at this time is a "+" located in front of our from OLI identifier in the sip invite. We are unable to find a place to remove or replace this with a 1. Does this magical place exist? Or is their another way of handling this issue?

Thanks
Dennis

I'm wondering if it is because the SIP implementation on the BCM is not "truly implemented" as of yet. SIP only works on trunks between BCM's through release 3.7. It will support integration to CS1000 and other devices in release 4.0. That being said, I haven't yet tried SIP on the BCM. Here's the list of caveats related to SIP on the BCM:

The following bullets list the restrictions and requirements for using SIP trunks on a Business
Communications Manager.
SIP trunking uses SIP ALG (Application Level Gateway), which has the following limitations:
• no support for nested NAT
• no support for non-SIP third-party NAT
• no support for domain names that require NAT or firewall translation
• the application only uses an IP address in URI (Uniform Resources Identifiers) format
• no third-party SIP endpoints behind Business Communications Manager NAT are supported
in this release
• multiple media types are supported on the same call, but multiple codecs for the same media
type are not
• multicast is not supported
• no encryption/decryption is supported within the body of a SIPs message; VPN encryption
between Business Communications Managers is supported.
• SIP trunks use the UDP signaling protocol on a fixed port (5060)
• the Business Communications Manager is a SIP UA client only
• SIP trunks are not supported across a NAT boundary as they assume the Business
Communications Manager published and public IP addresses are the same address
• SIP call forming is not supported
• SIP trunks do not support the MCDN networking protocol
• Business Communications Manager call redirection and conferencing are supported
• a third-party SIP parser is used for encoding and decoding -- oSIP from GNU software
• SIP trunks are available between Business Communications Managers running BCM 3.5 or
newer software.

Thanks Biv,
Any ideas on ways to strip the "+" for the time being? What about using a mediator between the BCM and gateway?

Dennis

Haven't much of a clue on how to strip the +. I haven't yet dove into the SIP world. We've got a few customers using it on the CS1000 platform, but all my CS1000/NRS/Gatekeeper experience is using H.323 as the protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back