Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing previous entries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasalle

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2000
US
This is a general question that I am hoping <br>to get an answer for as it applies in 2 areas<br>of Windows95/98. I would not think it is<br>specific either Windows95 or 98 but you never<br>know. Everyone is familiar with the ability<br>to run programs or any kind of executable <br>from the sequence of Start ¦ Run ¦ enter an<br>executable filename. That is the easy part.<br>Now, over time, that dialog box gets filled<br>with all the previous executables that have<br>been run. I would now like to empty that<br>scrollable list so that it is completely<br>clean. Over time, it is too easy to mis-click<br>on an existing entry in that dialog box and<br>then you are running something that you don't<br>want to run. I expect this is a registry<br>tweak to clear out this history of files that<br>have been run and am very anxious to find<br>out what that registry tweak/hack is OR at<br>least how to clear it out, no matter what<br>has to be done. Finally, I am asking the<br>same question for the &quot;Map Network Drive&quot;<br>dialog box and this too, becomes full of <br>old attachments and it would seem like there<br>is a way to empty that listing/history.<br>Thank you for any advice on these items.

goto tweakfiles.com, or microsoft.com and find a program called TweakUI it has a tab in there that'll clear Run, IE history, Document folder, etc listings each time on bootup if you like as well. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>

Hello kb244-<br>Thank you very much for a very very prompt and helpful<br>reply. I was aware of TweakUI but did not know it has<br>the features that you explained. I am looking to get it<br>underway on my Windows98 immediately. Thanks.<br><br><A HREF="mailto:joelst@nsis.net">joelst@nsis.net</A>

I thought that if you just cleared out your history in ie that would take care of the run window as well since it is technically part of Explorer I thought. Just a thought. <p>Ladin<br><a href=mailto:matchu_14@hotmail.com>matchu_14@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back