Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

roamer762

MIS
Aug 16, 2002
MT
I have created the administrator and users group however this is not exactly what i need. When I start Microsoft access it is asking me for the admin password (I am the admin).HOw do I remove it?

What i actually need is that when the database opens it asks for the user.If the user does not have full rights then some forms will not be enabled. I am working in an environment where access is used by all. I only want to protect my db

Cheers

Sally

I only want to protect my db
So use a specific MDW file, not the system wide one.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PHV hit the nail on the head.

Check the help topic Work with a workgroup information file for more information on MDW files.

One thing to keep in mind if you go this route. I would recomend that you build a mechanism in your database that checks, and changes if necesary, the Registry Key that controls what System File the workstations are using. Long story sort of long, the default is [tt]C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\System.mdw[/tt], all users connecting to your database with this file log into your database as [tt]Admin[/tt] shich circumvents your security. We ran into this as our LAN Admin started rolling out new machines and did not know that the System database setting needed to be changed...

Hope this helps,
CMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back