Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing onUnload event from the frameset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterguba

Programmer
May 27, 2011
IT
MI have a frameset in which my application runs.
The frameset id divided into two frames. In the first upper frame runs a session keep-alive template.
The other application templates are run the in lower frame.
Because I neet to know when the browser window is closed I have inserted an unload event handler into the frameset declaration.
This is the code:

<frameset rows="0,*" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0" onUnload="tmt_winLaunch('logoff.cfm','logoff2','logoff2','width=700,height=500,left=50,top=20')">
<frame src="app-top_keepalive.cfm" name="appkeepalive" id="appkeepalive" scrolling="no">
<frame src"application_templates.cfm" name="FrameBody" scrolling="yes" id="FrameBody">
</frameset>

This code really works fine, so that when someone closes the browser window without clicking on the correct exit link, the event fires and the logoff.cfm template loads and performs the operation to be done like killing the session etc.
Now the problem is that if I click on the EXIT link the frameset is equally unloaded and the event fired.
How can I deactivate the onunload event ?

Thanks for any help.

Guba.

what does the exit link do?

does it run some code?

why not make the exit link close the window?

Then either action will trigger the unload code.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back