Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing old addresses from the pull down menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzwhittles

Technical User
Jul 7, 2000
GB
Hi,

I know this is pobably a very easy thing to do but how to you get rid off all the website addresses that are listed in the pull down address bar?

Thank you

Lindsey [sig][/sig]

You can also delete this from the registry. Simple copy any address you see that you want to remove, copy it exactly. Then go start->run->regedit->edit->find->and paste in the url and hit search. It will take some time put it will bring you to the location in the registry where this is storaged. You can then delete it from this location by right clicking on the address and restarting internet explorer.

[sig]<p>ackka<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"Do No Harm, Leave No Tracks"<br>
ICMP Summer 2000, 2600 Article<br>
<br>
[/sig]

TweakUI will do this automatically when you exit IE.
TweakUI can be found on your win98 cd in: \tools\reskit\powertoy After installing TweakUI, open the control panel, run the TweakUI applet, click the IE tab and put a check next to: &quot;Clear document, run, typed-URL history on exit&quot;. Then whenever you close out Internet Explorer the URL's on the dropdown menu will be erased. [sig]<p>RaTTuS<br>I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniuet.[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back