Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing NAV to reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlwarner

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
GB
I have tried to uninstall Norton Anti Virus, but only half the program seems to uninstall.

There is nothing in the Add/Remove programs section, but we cannot reload NAV as it says a copy is already there.

What can I do? my machine is not able to protect me from viruses.

Yes, MIKEFLorida is on the money. I have used the Rnav utility several times to remove remnints from the registry. It is especialy useful when upgrading from NAV Antivirus 200x to Systemworks 200x.

Incomplete uninstalls may be a result of the Nprotect, NAVagent and other Symantec progs running in the background durring the execution of "add/remove programs." B4 removing I would recomend running msconfig and unchecking any NAV programs and restart. Then run the "add/remove programs" to remove the antivirus program. Having neglected this, the use of the Rnav2003 tool should resolve conflicts and/or any lingering traces from your registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back