Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing modules safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroMan

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
CA
Hey guys, really stupid question, especially concidering I have been working on theese things for 10 years, but I'v never had to do this....

What is the procedure to remove 2 12x0's off of a MICS system 4.1 with a PRI without trashing all of the programming. I yanked a fiber card once, and had to re-program the entire system.... That sucked big time....

Thanks!

Fiber ok to unplug hot...no electrical connection

Card not ok to unplug hot

Oh and just to be safer don't stand on a basketball while trying to do all this. That cardboard box you are thinking about will give way also.

Signature===========================================

You can safely remove the modules but if you remove the expansion card you WILL lose programming.

I actually use my unicycle usually so balance is a big issue...

Thanks for the responses guys, I will just yank the fiber lines and make sure that there are no routes defined of Lines provisioned to any sets....

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back