Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAG67

Technical User
May 16, 2005
CA
Mer Mail is programmed but we no longer use it. I am looking at physically removing and then installing another card for phones, either analogue or digital. Is there any programming that I will have to remove so that this slot will be usable for assigning phones. I really want to just remove the minimum amount of programming just in case they change their mind and want to use MM at a later date.

Thanks

I'm assuming that this is on an option 11? If so, you probably need to remove the TN's associated for your mail in an 11 usually the TN's are 10 0....
In case they want to add it back, just do a TNB dump and save that to your network so you have a ref. later.
There's also the TTY ports that you could remove as well.

and a vas..elan link to the mail needs to come out. if you leave it in it will try and extablish on a reboot and could cause problems.. take the loop out of the cequ on a larger switch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back