Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Logged in Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpye

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
CA
He Guys,

I need some direction with an issue that has been ongoing for sometime. As you know Access likes to create a lock file (.ldb) each time a database is opened and removes it when you close it.

The way my database is currently setup users log in using the accounts created under a specific workgroup file. This opens a .mde version of the database. However, the problem is they either don't log out like they should or abnormally terminate the program due to system issues.

This creates a problem when I need to update the database. I would normally overwrite the existing .mde file with an updated copy but can't when there is a .ldb file still out due to inpoper shutdown or lack of shutting down.

Is there a way to see who is logged in to the database/workgroup and can I terminate there connections? I know from a networking stand point this is possible but I don't have permission to do that.

Thanks.

use "advanced" help in these fora (Tek-tips). Search term "boot users". Well documented in several threads. You may find additional threads using other terms, many of which can be found in the ones you will find using the above.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

?Who? ?Me? I'm reasonably satisfied with the informnation available from here. Why would you refer me to the other sites?

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back