Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Igator and its relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cakkalawdy

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
GB
Sorry a novice here...I managed to download igator.exe along with something else I assume and it now looks for it during start up but I deleted it from the Winnt folder.

I found it in the registry and deleted it from there. Its not in any start up menu but still is looking for it at start up.
I have heard that it accompanies a thing called Trickler so should I be looking for that also ?

Thanks

I have windows 98 and I seem to have removed gator and its file (trickler). I went to the registry and searched for gator, found it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GATOR.COM
I expanded all folders under gator.com and deleted all their strings (on the left hand side of the registry).
I booted up in safe mode and did a 'find' on my computer for gator, trickler, fsg and deleted any that I found. I then cleaned up the recycle bin. I went back to the registry and did a 'find' for gator, trickler and fsg.I deleted any keys and strings with this words.
This seem to have taken care of it.

Don’t sweat it! Just do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back