Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Exchange Contact History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel987

MIS
Nov 28, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I have just migrated users from Exchange 5.0 mailboxes to POP3. I am using Citrix XPS on a Windows 2000 server. The whole move has been ok and have imported/exported mail without any problems.

The problem that has arisen is with contacts. I have set up a new contact list and imported the list to every user but Outlook still checks against the 'exchange' contact list although I have removed it from the user profile. When a user wants to write an email to another user within the company, Outlook checks against the contact list 'mailbox username'(exchange) email address (instead of the default contact list) which is /domain/username or something to that affect which shouldn't be happening, should it???

My question is whether you can flush the history to remove all of the exchange email addresses i.e. /domain/username etc...??

Any help with this would be really appreciated!

KR,

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back