Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing empty pane from single contact view

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFixes

Vendor
Dec 21, 2004
US
Hello,

Does anyone know how to eliminate a particular viewing pane from a single contact view?
Best way to identify the field in question is with a screenshot:

GoldmineShot.gif

The area circled in red contains no information and it always pops up. Is there a way to eliminate it?

Thank you

JoeFixes

You've answered your own question without knowing it. That contains no information because you haven't utilize the Organization Tree or GoldMines emulation of an Accountcentric CRM Solution. If you don't plan on using that area then look to the right side of your ellipse. There is a Blue dashed line with left pointing arrows top & bottom. Click upon it.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

DJ,

Thanks for the response. By the way I think you are located pretty close to our office in Ipswich.

I had been dragging this blue bar back and forth, clicking on it is certainly easier. But each time I log in the pane may be open or closed...it doesn't seem to have a set position and changes often.

JoeFixes

You are correct in that I am located in Fitchburg, MA 01420.

It would appear that you always open up GoldMine maximized. Next time that you close GoldMine ( File | Exit ) try not having it maximized and have the Organization Tree closed. Maybe it will maintain that setting when you open GoldMine again.

Also, try Right-Clicking and setting the Show Organization Tree as a tab setting.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back