Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Custom Ribbon when saving to Macro Free Workbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonEnsor

Programmer
Sep 14, 2010
GB
Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone can help with the following....I am adding a custom tab to my excel document, this is done by using the customUI editor. What i am wanting is to generate a copy of my workbook without Macro's. This works fine until i added the custom ribbon in. The ribbon xml hooks up the onload and getVisable to Macros in the workbook, but as you can imagine if i then generate a macro free version the ribbon is still looking for those macro's which it can't find as it is now a macro free workbook.

So my question are:

1. Can i restore a default ribbon via vba? I initially just hid the custom tab but obviously that doesn't clear the issue
2. can i programatically add a ribbon on opening of the macro workbook? I know that would take more processing but again if it is possible i can do that in the background whilst a splash screen loads etc.
3. Any other suggestions that people might have

Thanks in advance

Regards

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back