Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing and Exchange Server from a Site (How?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doior

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2000
US
We added a BDC to our PDC that was running MS Exchange 5.5.&nbsp;&nbsp;Exchange was installed on the BDC and joined the site.<br>No mailboxes exist on the BDC running exchange. (It was used for administration only)Both servers run Winnt server 4.0. Sp 4 & Exchange Sp 3.<br><br>We now want to remove Exchange from the BDC.&nbsp;&nbsp;What is the best way to do this without corrupting anything on the PDC?<br><br>I just cannot find this seeming easy procedure anywhere?<br>Does any one have tips or references to lead me?

I have done this a number of times, usually when the server is really gone but the idea is the same. You should have no problems uninstalling the server that is not doing anything. Once it is gone go to you existing server and select open the siteselect the recently uninstalled server and delete it. It will take a bit to confirm that the server is really gone but then you are ok. If you want to be extra careful then run the IS/DS consistancy checker after you are all done.

I would check so no users or public folders still exist on that server. If there are, move the mailboxes and rehome the public folders.<br>Then i would take that server down and just delete it in the Exchange Admin.<br><br>Regards<br><br>Lars

Hello all,
The Exchange server that I have recently taken over has finished a slow and painful death, and I am just going to remove and re-install. Is there any problem areas, or can I just run the uninstall utility from the CD?

thanks in advance,
Jeff

Help. I delete the connector for the other server and now I can't get into the admin tool.
What;s happening? Please call me if you can at 312-458-2678!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back