Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing an Exchange 2k3 server from our enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjquinn81

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
Hello all,

Recently I purchased an HP DL380/SmartArray500 clustered system for my Exchange server. Everything seems fine on this new machine, and I'm ready to remove my previous Exchange instance from the enterprise. When I try to uninstall the Exchange Server software I get an error stating that there is still a user(s) with a mailbox on this system. I've moved all of the mailboxes on to the new cluster, and I've verified with AD searches that no mailboxes are still on this machine. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to get around this to successfully remove my old machine form the organization.

Thanks

It's likely the system attendant or smtp mailbox on the server. In aduc, you could do a custom search for the attribute MSExchHomeServerName, looking for "ends with" your server. You could remove the mail attribute from the accounts that come up, or disable them. Then you should be able to uninstall.

Alternately, you could uninstall manually:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back