Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a tn2224

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
I was looking for some quick help on removing a tn2224 circuit pack. I have already removed all of the stations on the card and want to take it out of my cabinet. Is this something I can do "hot swapable" or do I need to do after hours? Hopefully this is a pretty easy question...

You should busy the board out and then go ahead and pull it out. This is a hot swappable product. it will not kill the system by removing it. On the other hand anytime you insert a pack, there is some risk incase one of the pins in the back don't line up properly and gets bent. this can short out the cabinet.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I busied out the board and removed it with no problem. But under "cha cir" it is still listed and I cannot change or clear out the circuit pack.

I thought I had already cleared everything out. When I do a list con sta...I see all the ports listed as "u" except for 3 that are marked "m"

How do I clear those?

Try "clear port xxxxxxx" on each of the ones marked m. Then "change cir 1" to clear out the board.

-CL

When I try to clear the port I get "port not marked". When I try "cha cir 1" it keeps saying "must remove translations on board before..blah blah blah"

I have already removed the board though. Should I re-insert it and then try clearing it?

Thanks to all! I reinserted it and busied it out a second time and then re-removed and all seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back