Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a Remote Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjob

Programmer
Jul 16, 2002
GB
I have a remote server connected to a DB I'm using and it apears to be an historical artefact, the database that any call would use does not exist there. My problem is that this Server is screwing up my efforts to amend existing DTSs, in that when I attempt to check parameters and build queries, I get a message that says the remote server has generated an error, either because it isn't set up for data access or the database entities don't exist there. I deleted the server in the security section using enterprise manager, but that then just generated another error saying that a system sproc couldn't add or load the remote server. I cannot seem to find anything that tells me how the remote server can interfere with my connections which make no reference to it, nor can I find anything that tells me how to safely get rid of the damn thing, can anyone help?

Typically, no sooner had I posted this than I found the answer! My apologies, I was searching on 'remove' all I needed to do was search on 'disable'. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back