Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a non-existent database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

beryx

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
DE
I successfully added a database to the application server running on my computer. The database was hosted on another computer from our local network, but now, this computer was taken away. Since the database no longer exists, I get an error message every time I start the application server and I have to use the
Code:
-nodbcheck
or
Code:
-noexitondbcheck
option.
I try to remove the database, but
Code:
SilverCmd RemoveDatabase
fails because it cannot connect to the database.
SilverStream Management Console also fails to display the list of databases, for the same reason.
If you know a method to remove this zombie database, please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Beryx

you need to go into your SM dB. if a server is not (NOT a S3 server) up and running for it you need to start one up. If you are using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere then you can use Sybase Central to start up a server for it.

do a query on

select name from aginfo;

find the dB entries of the "dB" causing the problems and

delete from aginfo where name = '<whateverDBIsGivingTheProblem>';

(NOTE: you may have a front end dB entry for your code and a backend dB for your application's data; also REMEMBER exaclty the entries you deleted because you need to do the same in another table

then go to

select resource_name from agresources where resource_name =
'<theOnesYouDeletedFromTheAGInfoTable>';

delete from agresources where resource_name = '<theOnesYouDeletedFromTheAGInfoTable>';
and
commit;

you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back