Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a LIM from MD110 BC11 ecosystem... this is the right procedure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelepin

Technical User
May 6, 2013
IT
Hi all,

following some threads and the ALEX i try removing LIM 16 from out MD110 BC11 ecosystem with 16 LIMs.

First, checking PU there:

<CNPUP:LIM=16,CFUNC=YES;
LOADED PROGRAM UNITS IN LIM
LIM NUMBER 16
PU-NO PU-NAME PRODUCT NUMBER REV PATCH

END​

then blocking LIM 16:

<BLLTI:LIM=16;BLLTI:LIM=16;
SURE? (YES/NO)
<Y ****** WARNING ******
LIM IS NOW BLOCKED BUT THERE MAY BE EXISTING TRAFFIC
EXECUTED​

and then remove from ecosystem:

<CNLIE:LIM=16;CNLIE:LIM=16;
SURE? (YES/NO)
<Y WAIT
EXECUTED​

Of course, there's no any extensions or other on LIM16... it's enought ? Because i don't see LIM 16 anymore (like doing a GJLSP:pRINT=ALL;) but i still have a "NO ANSWER FROM LIM 16"...:-(

Michele

--
BLOG @

Hi,
try SFCEI; (after CNLIE:..)
regards,
Norbert

Having made this mistake many years ago, ensure there are no hunt groups or pickup groups programmed in the limo to be removed.

There’s a long thread on here documenting fixing my issue. Great assistance from the more knowlegable on here.

I had removed all extensions, and followed Alex to the letter to remove 2 Lims. A while later the issues started. Apart from not being able to make changes to the hunt and pickup groups affected, the system was relatively stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back