Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove yahoo email footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtravel

Programmer
Aug 24, 2002
MV
hi,

i am making a Email to SMS script and i have succesfully done it.

it work like, when someone send email to 771234@email2sms.com, the email is checked using IMAP and then SMS is sent to the mobile number and following email body is send to the mobile.

now the problem is, when someone send an email from a yahoo email account, the email is receiving with the yahoo email footer. and when the $body string is assigned to $smsmessage its taking the footer with it.

Code:
$body = imap_body ($mbox,$i);

can anyone tell me a easyway to remove the yahoo/hotmail footer. i am only sending the first 140 charactors from the message body. and if the string in the email is short than 140 charactors, the $smsmessage is coming with a part of the yahoo/hotmail footer.

chao, xtravel

My Site:

The yahoo footer is standard formst...look for the beginning of the string with regex or stristr and then so a substr on the first x chracters f the message

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back