Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove user from AD, and any SIDs associated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade10

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2008
US
All-

I work at a company that creates an account via Lotus Notes primarily using ldap tools and then as a secondary step creates an Active Directory account.

The whole purpose of this is to create a single password (sign-on) setup.

There is one user that keeps getting locked out of AD, their password get locked for no reason.

I would like to delete the account in AD and the have the Lotus Notes (ldap folks) create her account over again..

My question: aside from me just deleting the AD account, is there anything I would need to do in order for any residual SIDS that point to her account to be wiped out. is there a resource kit tool for this? freeware Microsoft tool?

thanks for any input here.

blade

delete account then replicate. You should be fine.

the LDAP query syntax for a user based on SID is:

(objectSid=S-1-5-21-xxxxxx)

Hi Techy,

Thanks for the info, so when you say "just replicate".. just go to cmd prompt on the DC and run repadmin /syncall ?

would that do it?

thanks again
blade

if you have one DC or all DC's in the same site, then don't worry about it. If you have remote sites; you can force replication in Sites and Services, or just wait for it to do it automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back