Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Treeview Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabruins

Programmer
Mar 9, 2005
CA
I am having problems getting proper focus on controls in forms that I open via a selection from a treeview. When the frontend of my access database opens I default to opening a main menu form containing a treeview whose nodes are created from a table in the database. The node info includes an action and action arguement. On the node_click event for the treeview I inspect the selected node id and determine the action to perform on the given argument. In cases where the action is to open a form I cannot get the focus on a control in the opened form. I've tried doing this in the forms activate event as well as within the treeview node_click event but can't get it to work. I have to click on the main form and then on the form I've just opened to gain focus on the control (or just simply click directly on the control). It seems that the treeview maintains focus and I can't find a way of taking focus off the main menu with the treeview. Anyone seen this before?

This sounds like a problem I am having now. Did you get any answer to it?

- Frink

I'm sorry to say Frink, no, I haven't come up with a solution for this. If you happen to find something on this I would be very happy to hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back