Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove SMTP mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliotm

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
GB
I have moved all users from a 2000 server to a new 2003 server and now need to delete the existing 2000 from the exchange group. I am doing this by running the setup and selecting Remove. The trouble is gets stopped by a mailbox still connected to the server. The mail box is a SMTP mailbox. How do I remove this mailbox?

I have tried deleting the storage group but it says the mailbox is connected. This was not the first exchange server in the domian.

Many Thanks in advanced for you help!

elliotm-

Are you familiar with the ADSI Edit tool? Because you are going to have to go in ther to remove this mailbox.

I will try to dig up some literature for you to do it.

Frank

Used ADSIEdit to delete the account for System Attendent but the more details the better! Thanks

Cheers Frank all seems to have gone from the exchange environemnt.

Only got to remove the first server from the domain! Will leave that until next year though...

Thanks again for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back