Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Skype License from Polycom VVX410 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbx2sip

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2009
US
I have a Polycom VVX410 phone that apparently has a Skype license on it. I am unable to register it on two different SIP phone systems. I'm guessing I need to remove that license, but have not found a way to remove it in the phone, or to totally disable. Looking for any suggestions that might take care of this issue. Or suggestions to try.

Thanks in Advance!

In general licenses are usually programmed on the server.
Do you have documents that say otherwise?

Lets just say that is the case, what is your issue with the phone or why do you need to remove a "license"

"Thanks in Advance!"
We do appreciate when you do give updates and resolutions when we spend time trying to help, please and thanks.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If I remember correctly, the "license" is in the firmware. Polycom part numbers that end in -025 are standard SIP phones, and part numbers that end in -019 are Skype/UC firmware. No difference in the phone except a license royalty paid to MS. If you purchased -025 variants and wanted to be legal on a Skype platform, you could buy a license from Polycom to use them on a Skype platform and you received a piece of paper saying you paid the money.

You should be able to load standard SIP firmware on a VVX UC phone and register it. I've registered Polycom VVX phones that were -019/UC variants to a couple different platforms without changing firmware. You could try factory resetting it and run the simple setup wizard.

Upon boot up, press and hold 1, 4 and 9 at the same time. You can them switch the phone profile between open SIP and Skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back